Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Speed Bump.

Turns out chrome books don't have a decent audio editor, so now I am stuck with nothing to cut down my recordings with. This doesn't look good PDA fans. I might try to set up my computer somewhere within the house, but for now I cannot post any new music.

But, I will talk to you about some stuff I've been working on.

So, it was mentioned in my last post about a concept EP, which might as well be an LP for all you and/or I care, called Subregion M. I am not entirely sure what it will be about, but I can tell you that it might possibly be a reworking of my old concept album ideas... the ones I scrapped during the process of making Drastic. Yes, Drastic Wildlife Removal was originally intended to be a concept album. At the time, though, I didn't have the skills nor balls to make such a move, how little it would have mattered anyways, but still, it was too much for my limited experience to handle.

Originally, it was about a man who decides to kill himself by jumping off of a waterfall, poetic, right? And he would be rushed down, down, down into the depths of the ocean where he would encounter a sea colony filled with fish-like merpeople. They would take him in and teach him their ways, and he would discover a new life within himself. But, the people were dying, and that they needed a hero (usual crap, I know). Somehow (I didn't really think this out) he would find the cure was to destroy the colony and himself. Because he brought a blight to the colony, and the only way it could be restored was to start from scratch. The people were like, plants, too, so they would grow back or some shit. Like I said, not entirely thought out. See why I didn't follow through on that?

Anyways, I'm thinking now that I will make the colony a science experiment. Humans created the colony to study behavior and what not. This will take place in M, the 12th region that has been created. Each other region has either stagnated and died, or self destructed somehow-- disease or cannibalism. The same warning signs of self immolation start appearing in M, so the scientists decide to do something about it. They send one of their own down there to investigate. Well, he becomes a messiah of sorts, and he tries to help out, but eventually things get worse again, and ultimate destruction sets in.

Pretty desolate, huh? Well, I kind of wanted it to be about how nothing humans can create can be good, because in our hearts we are greedy, selfish creatures, and everything we create will be tainted by those traits. I was hoping it would touch upon life, religion, what it means to be human. All the big stuff. It will probably come off muddled and no one will know what I'm talking about, as with most of my ventures, and I'm not even sure if this idea can hold up an entire album's worth of songs. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm not under contract or anything. I can make this as long or as short as I want it to be. But, I want it to be substantial, something that someone will see and be like, damn, he had an idea there.

I'm not even sure how to write a straightfoward song. All my songs are random words that sounded good together.

Oh well, it won't be happening for a while anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment