Monday, February 3, 2014

Plans

Long time no post, especially considering the insane amount of updating I did a while back. But, I've been letting things percolate within the old coffee maker, and a decision has been made: to go around the normal ways of distributing an album, I will proceed to make deliver a cd to every person I can in sioux city by leaving them on their car windshields.

I figure out of ten people, half of them will throw it away, while the other half will be curious and give it at least one listen. If even 1 of those people like that album, there is one more fan of PDA.

So, if 100 cds get distributed, then, hopefully, that means 10 people will enjoy the album. The numbers on this are probably off, and it will more than likely be about 1-2 people out of a hundred.

This new method is going to require a lot of effort and materials, materials that I can not afford. To cut costs, the album art is going to have to be put to rest. I'm opting out for plain cardboard sleeves with tracklistings, band name, album name, and email/website address written on it. This will hopefully bring this into the more "doable" range.

All speculation though. Once I get the album recorded and finished up, then we can start seriously talking numbers.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment