Saturday, October 24, 2015

Album news

This will be the final album (for now) from this incarnation of Pabodie's Drilling Apparatus. It feels as if I cannot take this weird folky punk rock thing any further, so I'm going to push it as far as possible. What that means is still sort of undecided. It will be more ambitious, multi part songs, but not necessarily verse chorus verse. Longer songs, for sure. I want it to be more improvised. Almost nothing will be repeatable. There are some elements that will be planned, but aside from the instruments and some of the more... pop-punk-folk moments that I normally dabble in, this will be essentially a free form jazzy excersize in overdubbing, drum loops, fuzzy electric guitar and spastic fingerpicking. Beyond that, it is all up in the air.

Yeah...

The cover art is going to change as well.

I'm going to try and get some outside talent to record spoken word passages.

We will see how they feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment