Friday, March 14, 2014

Nothin New...

Just been writing a lot of material, and by writing I mean randomly hitting notes and singing into my recorder until something semi-nice sounding comes out.

So far its been working like gangbusters, actually. It is more freeform and open.

I also don't have that self-imposed restriction of the whole "2AM" fiasco constraining me to make certain songs.

During that phase I felt like I needed to work on a few songs, and nothing else. Even though it stressed lo-fi and weird recordings, I still felt like I needed to put my best foot forward. I was still trying to get the perfect recording instead of just winging it and seeing what sticks.

Now I see that sort of thing is a post-album add-on. That is why they are bonus tracks and not a seperate album. Cause when you are recording for people to hear, then you might as well just record the album.

Anyways, that is all. I have some new ideas, nothing too concrete. Hopefully I do get those perfect recordings soon for an album, but I think an EP isn't too far out of the question within the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment